National Pick Strawberries Day
National Pick Strawberries Day is celebrated on May 20 of every year. With the summer season around the corner, National Pick Strawberries Day invites you to go outside to pick fresh strawberries. Strawberries are very popular and rewarding plants to grow in the domestic environment, either for consumption or exhibition purposes. Within the Strawberry, we can observe all the goodness of hot summer days, cold summer nights and adventures that we never forget. The best strawberries are the strawberries which are picked fresh and National Pick Strawberries Day reminds us to get out and experience the wonders of picking fresh strawberries.
“Right now I just want to chill for a while. Take a hiatus from all the craziness. To clean my house, see my family. Just see some movies and pick some strawberries.” Lauren Ambrose
History of National Pick Strawberries Day
The exact origin and the founder of National Pick Strawberries Day are still unknown. Strawberry picking time usually comes between late April and lasts throughout the summer, depending on which part of the United States you live. While harvesting fresh strawberries, you have to look for the bright red, firm and plump ones.
Some of the interesting facts about Strawberries
- Strawberries belong to a rose family called “Rosaceae.”
- They are the only fruit which contains the seed outside of the fruit.
- Strawberries are rich in Vitamin C, fibres, folic acid and potassium. They have low calories and low-fat.
- Strawberries can reduce inflammation.
- In the 18th century, the first strawberry was grown in France. Before that, they were used only as a fruit source.
Other Celebrations on May 20
May 20 is also celebrated as
- National Be a Millionaire Day
- Weights and Measures Day
- National Quiche Lorraine Day
- International Clinical Trials Day
How to Celebrate National Pick Strawberries Day
The best way to celebrate the Pick Strawberries Day is by getting out there and picking some fresh strawberries. Once you have collected the considerable amount of strawberries, it time to make Strawberry Shortcake. Don’t let National Pick Strawberries Day go by without gathering your own! Post pictures and share your Pick Strawberries Day celebration on social media day by using the hashtag #PickStrawberriesDay.