National Peanut Butter Day
National Peanut Butter Day is celebrated on January 24 of every year. Peanut Butter’s are very popular in all the countries. Peanut Butter’s are made from Dry Roasted Peanuts, but some ingredients will be added for more taste or texture. The US country is the leading exporter and consumes more than 800 Million of peanuts butter annually. The main two types of peanut butter are crunchy and smooth. In Smooth, the peanut butter’s grounds uniformly, and in Crunchy, some coarsely ground peanut fragments will be added for more taste and texture. National Peanut Butter Day is a day to enjoy the taste of Peanut Butter.
“If we give someone a piece of bread and butter, that’s kindness, but if we put jelly or peanut butter on it, then it’s Loving Kindness.” – Barbara Johnson
History of National Peanut Butter Day
The creator or inventor of National Peanut Butter Day is still unknown. They didn’t come into existence until the 20th century. Initially, the peanut butter is considered as feed for animals until 1800. From the start of the 19th century, some of the inventions had changed the nuts as a retail and wholesale food item instead of using it as a nut at all. in 1890’s George Bayle, St.Louis Snack food maker started to make Peanut Butter. For many years they find difficult to separate oil from the Peanut. Heinz is the first company to adapt the peanuts into the spreadable butter in 1923.
Joseph Rosefield was the first man to brought us the Peanut Butter that we peoples know and love today. With Homogenization, he able to separate oil from the Peanut solids. Then he sold that patent to the company which makes Peter Pan Peanut Butter. During World War II he supplied Peanut Butter to the military rations. Peanut butter contains healthy fats as well as protein, but some packaged butter have extra oils and sweeteners added to the mix.
Fun Facts About Peanut Butter
- Some of the several fun facts about Peanut Butter are listed below
- Nearly 30,000 peanut butter sandwiches can be produced from one acre of peanuts.
- Currently, 75% of homes in America have a jar of peanut butter.
- Nearly 1.5% of the American peoples have a peanut allergy.
- According to the report, American peoples spend nearly $800 million dollars on peanut butter a year.
- The creamy peanut butter is mostly liked by the women’s and kids. Men’s mostly like chunky peanut butter.
- Goober is the nickname of Peanut.
- Two U.S Presidents, Jimmy Carter and Thomas Jefferson, were peanut farmers.
Other Celebrations on January 24
January 24 is also celebrated as
- Belly Laugh Day
- Talk Like A Grizzled Prospector Day
- Beer Can Appreciation Day
- National Compliment Day
How to celebrate National Peanut Butter Day
Celebrating National Peanut Butter Day is quite simple and easy to remember. Make some Peanut Cookies and add Peanut Butter to it. Then enjoy the Dish with your family members or friends. Gather your friends and family members and host a Peanut Butter themed party. Take pictures while enjoying Peanut Butter and share them with others on the social media by using the hashtag #PeanutButterDay.