National Dress Up Your Pet Day
National Dress Up Your Pet Day is celebrated on January 14 of every year. The Day was founded to celebrate the Pets by dressing up them and support the fun fashion community Day in a fun way. Pets are household animals kept for human’s enjoyment. The popular pets are noted for their appearance and playful personalities. The most famous pet animals are cats and dogs, but rodent pets like hamsters, chinchillas, guinea pigs, gerbils, and fancy rats also come on the list. National Dress Up Your Pet Day is a perfect day to wow the neighbors and to unlock the inner character of your favorite pooch or Persian. Dress up your pets with booties, sweaters and fashion accessories.
“When we adopt a dog or any pet, we know it is going to end with us having to say goodbye, but we still do it. And we do it for a very good reason: They bring so much joy and optimism and happiness. They attack every moment of every day with that attitude.” Bruce Cameron
History of National Dress Up Your Pet Day
National Dress Up Your Pet Day was founded by Colleen Paige, Pet Lifestyle Expert and Animal Behaviorist in 2009. Colleen Paige is also the founder of National Dog Day and National Cat Day. So Dress Up Your Pet Day is a fun day that gives pets more attention and it is a way to promote the adoption of pets.
Reasons to Dress Up Your Pet:
- Usually, Peoples wear clothes to show off their personality, why shouldn’t pets showed their character. The pets may be Smart, sassy, tough and flirtatious. So dress up them to show their character.
- If you want your pets to follow you around wherever you go, sit on the couch when you sit on the sofa, then dressing up they also come in the list like your dress.
- Dressing up pet will receive more attention from others that it comes across.
- Frequently pets spend their life in a regular manner; that is Eating, Napping and Going for walks. So break that by dressing up them on that day and make a happier day for them.
Other Celebrations on January 14
January 14 is also celebrated as
- International Kite Day
- Organize Your Home Day
- National Clean Off Your Desk Day
- National Hot Pastrami Sandwich Day
How to Celebrate National Dress Up Your Pet Day
The name itself tells how to celebrate the Day. Just Dress up your pets in a comfortable and safe costume and make them an enjoyable day. If you don’t have pets in your home, you can adopt them nearby shelter. After Dressing Up your pets, you can take photos with them. Then share those pictures with others on the social media by using the hashtag #DressUpYourPetDay.