National Date Nut Bread Day
National Date Nut Bread Day is celebrated on December 22 of every year. Dates are the fruit of Date Palm grown in many parts of the world. The date palm was initially cultivated in the Middle East on 6000 BC. Dates are very rich in sugar content, so it is no surprise that date nut bread recipes do not call for any additional sweetener. Dates are classified into three types namely soft, dry and semi-dry dates. Date nuts are good sources of vitamins E and B2, and they are rich in protein, folate fiber and essential minerals like magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, and copper.
History of National Date Nut Bread Day
The founder or inventor of National Date Nut Bread Day was still unknown. Date nuts provide nutrients, and it is an excellent source of dietary potassium. The sugar content is rich in ripe date’s of above 80% and remaining 20% contains fiber, protein, and some of the trace elements like zinc, selenium, manganese, magnesium, copper, cobalt and boron.
How to make Date Nut Bread
- 1 1/2 Cups of Chopped dates.
- 2 1/4 Cups of Boiling water.
- 1 Cup of Chopped walnuts.
- 3 Teaspoons of Baking soda.
- 2 Cups of White Sugar.
- 2 Beaten eggs.
- 1 Teaspoon salt.
- 3 Tablespoons of margarine.
- 4 1/2 Cups of all-purpose flour.
- 1 Teaspoon Vennila Extract.
- 3/4 Teaspoon of Ground Nutmeg.
Methods to make Date Nut Bread:
- Initially Preheat the oven to 350°F and Grease a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan.
- And then Place the dates in a medium-size bowl, or in a large liquid measuring cup.
- Then wait for at least 20 minutes. It’s important to Drain before use.
- Take a large bowl and mix the flour, salt, baking powder, and nutmeg.
- In another large bowl, combine cream butter, sugars, egg, and then vanilla. And then incorporate the flour mixture and blend until they combined. And Stir them with drained dates and nuts.
- Transfer that mixed ingredient into a prepared pan and put the reserved nuts at the top in a pattern you like. Then bake them up to 50 minutes until the inserted toothpick comes from the center entirely.
- And then place the pan on a wire rack to cool for 15 min.
- Then remove the bread from the pan and cool completely to taste the Date Nut Bread.
Other Celebrations on December 22
December 22 is also celebrated as
How to Celebrate National Date Nut Bread Day
Enjoy the National Date Nut Bread Day by making the Date Nut Bread of your own and share them with your friends, family members, and even co-workers. You can experiment with different Flavours of Date Nut Bread by adding some strawberries or even some chocolate chips. Take pictures while eating Date Nut Bread and share them with others on the social media by using the hashtag #DateNutBreadDay.