Brothers Day celebrated on May 24 of every year. The day honors the brothers, the male sibling and their contributions to each and every one of their families. Whenever you go through a horrible breakup, your little brother will be the first to put it all in perspective by reminding you the guy “had a gut anyway” or was “too dumb” to you. Strangely enough, if the tears dry up, and your tunnel vision clears, you will realize he was right. Brothers Day is created to celebrate the bond between brothers and its importance.
“My father was very disappointed by war and fighting. And he thought language could help us out of cycles of revenge and animosity. And so, as a journalist, he always found himself asking lots of questions and trying to gather information. He was always very clear to underscore the fact that Jewish people and Arab people were brother and sister.” – Naomi Shihab Nye
History of Brothers Day
C. Daniel Rhodes of Alabama organized the Brother’s Day. We may have one or many brothers, but they will hold a special place in our hearts. Even if we don’t have brothers, we may find someone in our life as a brother to us. They may be found in the form of a friend, cousin or brother-in-law. They are the men in our lives that we count on even when we don’t talk very often. You may be daddy’s little girl or boy, but I will promise you, the father doesn’t know half of what you’ve been up to; whereas, your brother is the one who will hold the window open for you while you sneak out. Your brother knows that you have had shameful moments, and while he will tease terribly for them, but he will never expose you or your secrets. You will be very safe when you are with him, even at your low points. Thus Brothers Day is the perfect day to praise the importance of Brothers.
How to celebrate Brothers Day
Celebrating the Brothers Day is quite easy and very simple to remember. Give your brother a big hug at morning and spend the full day with your brother. If your brother is at the different location, send them a greeting card on that day or give them a surprise visit. You can take photos with your Brother and share them with others by using the hashtag #BrothersDay.
Quotes about Brothers
- “If you want to know how your girl will treat you after marriage, just listen to her talking to her little brother.” – Astrid Alauda
- “Brothers don’t necessarily have to say anything to each other – they can sit in a room and be together and just be completely comfortable with each other.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
- “We have flown the air like birds and swum the sea like fishes, but have yet to learn the simple act of walking the earth like brothers.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Being his real brother I could feel I live in his shadows, but I never have, and I do not now. I live in his glow.” – Michael Morpurgo.
- “There is a destiny which makes us brothers; none goes his way alone. All that we send into the lives of others comes back into our own.” – Edwin Markham